Learn more about the benefits of water softeners, we live in a hard water area and there is no getting away from that fact! And if you have had to change your boiler, washing machine or dishwasher recently you will be well aware of how costly this is! Aside from having to buy a new kettle every few months or so!
In hard water areas limescale forms in appliances when they are empty of water, this occurs due to the high content of calcium and magnesium minerals. Did you know that a household with just four people produces up to 70 kg of limescale a year? Shocking! Limescale can also clog the heating up by forming in the pipes and boiler thus making your fuel bills higher.
The effects of hard water can be seen within the home, taps loose their sparkle, the shower head gets clogged up and your bath water may form an unhealthy scum.
A water softener will not only prolong the life of these items it will save you money on shampoo, shower gel, soap and handwash as you will need less of these products for them to work effectively.
How Do Water Softeners Work?
Water softeners are plumbed into the mains water supply and the water runs through it and over microscopic beads which trap the minerals producing soft, pure water. When the resin inside the water softener has trapped all minerals it will recharge or regenerate this means the machine will flush itself through with salt water, this removes all scale. The machine will decide when to do this so all you need to do is keep the salt levels topped up. Our best seller is the Tapworks AD11.
The Everyday Benefits
- Having soft water saves you money. When your water is soft, you use much less soap and fewer cleaning products. Your budget will automatically reflect the savings.
- Your plumbing will last longer. Hard water can cause a build up of scale from mineral deposits. Over time, pipes can clog, water flow can diminish, and water pressure can be reduced.
- Most water-using appliances will last longer. Whether it’s your kettle, your iron, or your hot tub, soft water inhibits a build-up of minerals and adds life to these products. Your bathroom and showers will stay cleaner so you will have less housework to do!
- Your clothes will last longer and remain brighter longer if they are washed in soft water. The reason for this is that normal water leaves mineral particles in the weave of the fabric. This causes them to look dull and dingy. Also, your washing machine will last longer, too, because it won’t be subject to a build-up of minerals and deposits.
- Glasses and dishes won’t streak.
- Your skin is softer when you bathe with soft water. You will leave your bath or shower feeling refreshed with your skin feeling truly clean. Also, rough, dry skin will naturally diminish. Plus, your baths will be bubbly, bliss!